Thank you for considering beta-testing for The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team!
The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team (the five behaviors being: trust, conflict, commitment, accountability, and results) is based on Patrick Lencioni’s The Five Dysfunctions of a Team from Wiley, the new owner of Inscape Publishing.
Because the primary focus of this beta is to test the updated facilitation materials and new video, Wiley requires facilitators to use the leaders guide and other materials they provide verbatim so there is little prep work required. The beta period is from January 27 to March 7, 2014. Here’s how it works:
(1) Select an intact team/group (recommend about 8 to 12 participants) within your organization. Team members will then be issued a DiSC-like assessment through EPIC which will take about 15-20 minutes to complete.
(2) A fully customized 36-page beta sample profile will be generated for each participant.
(3) When all of your participants have completed their assessment, a “team report” will be generated.
(4) A Leader’s Guide and accompanying PowerPoint will be provided for you to facilitate several of the modules. (Facilitation should be conducted by a facilitator—not the team leader.) We suggest that you complete the Introduction, Trust, and one other module (out of sequence is fine). Depending on the selected modules, an estimated time commitment for the presentations is five to eight hours. Modules may be presented over a series of meetings (what we recommend) or in a single day (exhausting). The beta materials will be available to start on Monday, January 27 and end on March 7th. We’re encouraging the entire process to be concluded during February. All of the assessments and materials to be used in the beta are provided at no cost.
(5) After the session, Wiley asks all beta participants and the facilitator to provide feedback about their experience no later than March 14, 2014.